by Kimberly A. Cook (Twitter@ WarriorTales)
Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Spending time with family and chowing down on turkey, stuffing and pie is always a winner. Each year I think about what I’m thankful for and make a mental list. The more vintage I get in age, the simpler the items on my list have become.
- A day off to relax.
- Sleeping in.
- Real whipped cream on the pies.
- Mom’s famous lime Jell-O with pineapple and cream cheese.
- Laughing with family.
- Full tummy.
- Stopping the rat race for a national holiday.
- Kitty cuddles.
- Nap time.
- Claymation Christmas.
- Pumpkin pie.
- Good health.
- Cozy warm home protecting us from the rain.
- Taking time to listen.
- Grateful for the good fortune we have.
- Remembering family members we have lost but reliving the fun memories.
- Thankful for the military personnel around the globe protecting us while we relax.
- A Charlie Brown Christmas.
- Hoping for peace and goodwill toward all women and men.
Wishing all of you a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Let the competitive napping begin!